Lazy Beaver Race
July 28, 2018
Many Thanks to Reedsburg Kiwanis for sponsoring the Lazy Beaver Race AND for their $500 donation from the race proceeds.
Provide fundraising and volunteer support to; “Protect, restore and enhance the natural environment within the Baraboo River Corridor. Promote activities that will spur recreation, tourism and development, and establish the region as THE premiere water recreation destination in south-central Wisconsin”.
Objectives by 2025
- Will be known regionally as a paddling destination with designated whitewater features.
- Will provide a host of support facilities and amenities to expand tourism within the communities it touches.
- Will have measures in place to protect, enhance, restore and control the corridor’s natural setting, while Improving water quality and biodiversity and educating visitors and residents on the unique cultural and historical significance of the Corridor.
- Support activities that make the Baraboo River Corridor an attractive, accessible and safe destination, and increase its use by residents and visitors for recreation.
- Support efforts to improve the water quality and fish habitat of the Baraboo River.
- Provide fundraising support to develop, implement, and champion improvements throughout the Baraboo River Corridor.
- Create a system of access points throughout the Baraboo River Corridor and associated tributaries for kayaking, canoeing and fishing.
Support Friends of the Baraboo River and help make the Baraboo River Corridor
an attractive, accessible, and safe destination for use by residents and visitors.